From the Ground Up: Global Gathering for Climate Justice is a space for our movements to come together, strategise, and build power for systemic change.
This November, COP26 was due to take place in Glasgow. To mark this moment, the COP26 Coalition is hosting From the Ground Up – a global gathering providing the space to educate, strategise and co-ordinate, to build power and connect within our global justice movements. We will discuss the need for a Global Green New Deal and work towards a global plan of action to create the change we need from the ground up.
We will be hosting discussions on:
- False Solutions to the Climate Crisis
- Just Transition and the Role of Trade Unions
- How Fossil Fuels get Financed
- Feminism and the Climate Emergency
- Indigenous Knowledge and Strategies for Resistance
- Struggles for Land, Forests, and Oceans
As well as workshops exploring:
- How not to burn out as an activist
- How to resist mega-projects in your community
- How to frame climate justice in campaigning
- How to take action during a global pandemic
…and many more.
This Global Gathering is an opportunity for Scottish, UK, European and international climate justice movements to build momentum and capacity, and to connect to broader civil society to build power for system change.
It aims to provide a space to come together in these times of isolation, to connect and share the diversity of struggles and experiences that make our movements so powerful.
The event is free, everyone is welcome to attend. The gathering will be spread throughout the five days to enable activists from all time zones to take part. We will provide interpretation in Spanish and French (upon request), and closed captions for key panels.